Monday, August 18, 2008

Trip to Zion National Park......

Last weekend we went to Zion and did a little hiking. It was absolutely breath taking. The park is so pristine and grand, truly amazing. We have vowed to take advantage of living so closed to a park that bring people from all over the world to see it's beauty. We heard less English spoken than any other language, their were people at the park from literally all over the world, and it is right in our back yard! We plan to go more often. Justin and I want to hike the narrows in the next week or two, if anyone interested in coming with we would love it! Let us know. "The Iron Rod"
The kids had a great time. We hiked to the middle Emerald Pool, which is about a mile and a half round trip. This picture is at the lower pool. I was amazed at how well Maverick did. He walked the entire way and wouldn't even let us touch him, he climbed on his hands and knees up the steeper rocks and stairs, he is so independent and stubborn, but kept right up with the other kids.



Middle Emerald Pool
In the little stream we stepped over Kennedi found these sunglasses and right before her Steston found a pair, then Tyra said "Mom I want to get a pair" like she thought they were fish that grew in the steam or something. It was pretty funny.


This was a common sight to see on out hike. Maverick finally figured out that on the Camel backs you have to bite and suck at the same time.






Buddies!

5 comments:

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

Zions is amazing! And you're right, we don't take enough advantage of the close proximity. Cute pictures of the kids and I'm glad they all did so well.

Lott said...

I love Zion's. How hot was it? I want to go there during labor day weekend, but I bet it will be so busy.

Kendra said...

I was able to go with Paytan this last year and go hiking with their class. We didn't hike to much since we were pressed for time. I can't wait to take my whole family when it cools off. Your right it is breathe taking.

Shannon said...

I wish this body of mine could hike right now. I have heard how gorgeous it is there, we still haven't even been!
One day, we will hit all the Utah parks that are seriously so Amazing!

jt said...

That looks so pretty! We need to get there too, we pass everytime we go to UT.