
Stetson had a big wrestling tournament yesterday at Boulder City, (30 mi. South of Vegas). He wrestles in the Bantam group 40lb. weight class. Yes he is a little peanut, at 6 years old he only weighs 39 pounds soaking wet, with his clothes on. Steston has came a long way since last years wrestling. Last year in his first match he took the other kid down, and then let him right up. Immediately the other kid took Stetson down. When his dad asked him what he was doing, he quizzically replied "Dad, it was his turn". Despite Stetson loving temperament, he puts on his angry face when wrestling, and I can't help grinning from ear to ear. Stetson was on his game yesterday and captured his first, first place trophy!! Stetson was so pumped up to bring home a giant trophy. Despite some tough competition he pinned every kid in his weight. He always is the first to embrace his opponents in sportsmanship. He is turning out to be a great little wrestler. He has a friendly team and devoted coaches, that teach hard work, discipline and self control along with the sport of wrestling. Justin loves helping coach the team, and working with Stetson at home. I think Justin is in heaven finally getting a boy who loves "his sport" (Justin wrestled growing up, and was a state champion in high school) . I don't think Justin could be any prouder of his boy.
They also took opportunity to visit Hoover Dam only being 9miles away from the tournament. I've never been there, but Stetson said, "it was huge, and amazing". Oh, Justin said they are building a new freeway spanning across the majestic canyon. What a great day in the life of a 6 year old and a proud pa pa!!!






5 comments:
Wow! Great job Stetson that is so cool, he is a little stud! I love his wrestling outfit, he is so cute. I love the music, that go's great with the photo. I miss you guys!
Yahoooooo!!! Great Job Stetson! He looks like he was pretty pumped!
Hoover dam is so cool to see, i bet he loved his trip!
Congratulations Stetson! It's so fun so see your kids succeed!
ps. I'm know your excited Jody, but you don't have to swear about it. Hint: Hoover Dam
Hey! I'm so glad you found me, now we can be blog friends, YEA! Your family is so dang cute! Congrats to Stetson! I love the flexing muscle shot :)I'll add you to my list and I'll be a frequent reader!
Jody!
Please tell me how old you have to be to wrestle! Isaac is a wrestling fanatic and seems to wrestle any kid who is in his path during a quiet moment. We're trying to channel it, but it is so exciting to hear that at 40 lbs. we might have a cure! Congrats to Stetson!
Post a Comment