Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"Time Out for Women & Hopscotch!"

Justin has been gone hunting in Montana the whole week! I am so glad to have him home. We had a fun week but it seemed a little long and tough doing EVERYTHING myself. I took the kids to the football game, to the movies, to the park, and had a fun time. The highlight of the week was being able to go to Las Vegas for Time Out For Women with a bunch of my friends. I was gone all day Saturday, being spiritually and emotionally fed. The conference was wonderful. There were six different presenters, most of whom are LDS authors and have some great books published. My favorite though was listening to Hillary Weeks sing. Her music is absolutely wonderful and really touched me. She has several albums out that are all great! Amanda Dixon was my favorite speaker. Her best one liner I loved wasm, "If the horse is dead GET OFF!" She hosts a radio program on KSL in the mornings and has written several books. She was so funny, in her own quirky sort of way. Thanks for a good time ladies, I really needed the "time out" this week. It was fun! L to R Chris Jensen, Chelsie Kennedi, Me, Susan HafenSusan, Sheri Peterson, Shondi Bohni, Klea Marchant, and Jill Jones.



Kennedi Won the Hopscotch Tournament!!!!!!
Kennedi competed in the finals this morning. I didn't even know how to play hopscotch~ so we pulled out the sidewalk chalk and Kennedi and Stetson taught me all the rules. Here is a web site with all the rules in case any one is intersted. http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/home2004/HEND0004/cs227/project_1/rules.html. It is so much fun! The kids just finished up this unit in P.E. Kennedi was so nervous but did great. The score was 7-6. Great job Kennedi!

Kennedi on her way back bending down to pick up her hoppy taw, (yes we all have our very own hoppy taws, we are professional now!) ha ha ha.

She had to compete against one of her very best friends, Emma Marchant.

5 comments:

Lott said...

I loved Time Out for Women. It is such a worthwhile experience.

I didn't know hopscotch was an actual sport. Maybe they'll have it in the olympics one day.

The Armantrout family said...

Go Kennidi Go!!!!!! I want to learn the right way to play hop scotch how fun!!!!

The Armantrout family said...

I love the new blog background, very cute!!

Shannon said...

WOW...I didn't even know that they had Hopscotch Tournaments. i love Hopscotch!!

So cool that you got to go to the conference, i love Hilary weeks too.

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

I have always wanted to go to Time out for Women... I was out of town this year, but might have to tag along next year