Friday, September 5, 2008

Girls Weekend!!!

I lost my camera for a few days, hence the delay in my post from last weekend. I drove to American Fork on Thursday and from there my Mom, Jenny, Cami, Lauren, and I set out for a fun weekend, (to say the least). We go to Midway for Swiss Days every year. We spent the better part of Saturday shopping all of the craft booths (which were disappointing this year, I only bought 1 roll of wrapping paper). Me, Mom, Cami, Jenny, and Horton, (Lauren~sorry, Tyra's nickname for you has stuck!)

We had the famous Swiss Days Navajo taco for lunch, Yummy!


What is a trip to Heber without stopping at the Dairy Keen, for their orange sherbet cones and fresh shakes? My mouth is watering right now.



Right next to the Dairy Keen is the Swiss Alps Inn. It is a little hotel that Mom would take us girls to stay in while Dad and Bo were hunting. Not too much has changed, Dad and Bo were hunting, but we were lucky eneough to added a new sister. It was so fun having Lauren with us and getting to know her better. She is such a sweetie! What great memories we had, (and are still making) on our annual Heber/Park City trip. We had to get a picture for old times sake.


THE COASTER!

Lauren, Cami, Me

After we were all sick of shopping, we went to Park City and rode The Coaster here is a link to watch it on Utube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm_pQmU3NJU. This is fairly new, and so fun! You sit in these little cars much like the Alpine Slide only you are attached to the track. A pulley runs you to the top of the mountain and then gravity does the rest. You can still break or floor it the whole way. I rode with Cami, the wild woman didn't break once. We went so fast I thought we were going to come off the rails! It was seriously so fun. Everyone needs to try it at least once!



Jenny and Mom rode together, we were going up and passed them as they were coming down. Both of them were screaming their heads off, it was hilarious to put those two together.



After The Coaster we had to get a picture, our legs were shaking so bad.





Then we were headed home through Provo Canyon and I said I thought we should float down the river. I don't think anyone thought I was serious, but I'm a spur of the moment kind of gal. I pulled off and we rented a raft and floated the river. We were changing in the back of the van into what ever we could find in the suitcases to get wet in, and away we went! It was so fun. The canyon is absolutely beautiful. I took it for granted growing up in American Fork. I think it was the highlight of the trip. Mom went home to stay with Cami's kids, we missed ya Mom, it just wasn't the same without Mom~ next year! We finally figured out how to steer the stinkin raft at the very end. Let's just say Jenny needs lessons in rowing! We laughed and laughed, and had the funnest trip ever. It was great to bond and reconnect with sisters! Love you girls thanks for an amazing trip! Can't wait until next year.

8 comments:

Lott said...

It sounds like you had a blast. I want to come on your girls trip! I've been on the coaster and it is so much fun.

Wish I could have seen you in ST. George...maybe next time.

Vigoren Family said...

What a great trip! I'll have to suggest a trip for the girls in my family during BYU football season!

Shannon said...

So so fun! I can't believe you just decided to Float down the Provo river and then did it, you are WAY too fun!

I am dying to do the Alpine slide and Coaster up there in Park City! Maybe this fall for sure.

Sounds like a wonderful trip!

Shannon said...

what i do is buy the two pieces of material that i like and then send it in to have them do the stippling. Then i do the binding.

Usually i cut out the material and quilt like strips or squares, but this material was so dang cute, i didn't want to do all that work!
It turned out so cute too!

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

How fun! I need a girls weekend away after looking at all the great things you did.

jt said...

That looks so fun!! I drove by the river so many times this summer thinking I wanted to go but we never did. Sounds like a great time. You've got a good bunch to hangout with for sure.

The Armantrout family said...

Thanks for the fun week-end!! You got some great pictures, I'm glad you had your camera! I can't wait for next year.

haley said...

i just found this tut. i thought you might want to check it out.
http://pukingpastilles.com/?p=57
good luck with super saturday!