Sunday, July 27, 2008

Congratulations Kennedi & Stetson!!!

We had our Summer League Championship swim meet this weekend in St. George. Eight teams were there from Southern Utah, and surrounding areas. In some events they were swimming against 15-20 kids. I think my kids are part fish or something. They did so great! Kennedi ended the season undefeated and took first in every event she competed in! Butterfly is her strongest stroke and dominated the event. The next closes swimmer was about 4 or 5 sec. behind Kennedi. Stetson did great too. He was swimming against 8 year olds and still took second in freestyle, second in backstroke, and third in I.M.! I was so proud of them. It is so fun watching my kids excel and compete in athletics! I love it! We are the crazy parents in the stands cheering the loudest for our kids, (Grandma Muggsy comes to mind)! Way to go kids!

Kennedi's times:
25 meter freestyle~20.16
25 meter butterfly~22.15
100 meter IM~ 1:51.39


Stetson's times:
25 meter freestyle~29.64
100 meter IM~ 2:28.04
25 meter backstroke~29.80

Kennedi



Stetson
(starting backstroke in the IM)

5 comments:

Lott said...

Congratulations! That is so great. If they end up in the olympics some day..invite me!

The Armantrout family said...

Great Job!!!! They are both such great swimmers!! That is so awesome!!!!!

jt said...

wow, they are speedy !! good job guys! I'm still bummed we didn't see you up here. we just missed cami tonight and waved at Jenny as we were both running to our cars in the rain. we head home on friday.

Shannon said...

Way to go Guys!! We have our Huge County meet this Saturday!
Boston did the IM for the first time this year and placed 2nd (2:10 time) not too bad. Also he Rips on the Butterfly and Backstroke, It is so fun to watch these kids.
Kennedi and Stetson had Great Times!

Vigoren Family said...

That's really incredible! Good for them!