Thursday, May 15, 2008

Triathalon!

Kennedi Rocks!!!!
Instead of field day, at the end of the year, our elementary does a modified triathlon. Our P.E. teacher is so intense and competitive, he does a great job! Kennedi was so nervous she couldn't sleep, and wouldn't even eat breakfast.

Right before the big race!


" On your mark, get set, go!"

First they run, I would guess, about a half mile (or more). Kennedi did so good. She improved her speed and endurance tremendously since last year (thanks to soccer)! After the run she was in about 6th place out of 80 girls. YOU GO GIRL!


Next, they run to the gym and ride these little scooters around 1 lap. These replace the bike leg of the race. These scooters are so awkward and lame. She got passed by a few girls here, but was still giving it her all!



Lastly, they swam the length of the pool (not very far, and not a true test of swimming speed or she would have really kicked some butt!)
She came in 11th place out of about 80-90 girls!




She did an awesome job! We are so proud of her. This has been her best year yet! She improved immensely from last year. All that conditioning in soccer is so good for her. Oh, by the way, she won her last soccer game against Cedar City. She was a team captain and played the entire game. She even had an awesome header! Way to go Kennedi!!!!! We love you.


7 comments:

jt said...

great job on the race-what a fun idea to keep the kids active! and jodi, you look beautiful, wow. thanks for throwing that picture in!! It's fun to see the blog writers once in a while!

The Armantrout family said...

Yea!!!!! Go Kennidi GO!!! I wish I could have been there, I love Kennidi's competive edge, she is so dang cute!!

Julz said...

Great job Kennedy! I love how she can definitely hold her own in baseball, too! Maybe she will someday make you guys filthy rich! :)

Vigoren Family said...

Good job Kennedi! What heart! What a fun event to watch as a parent!

Nielsen Family said...

Great Job! You look great with your daughter...sometimes I still can not believe we are MOM'S. Jaxen starts T-Ball this June. His sifrst sport. I am so excited I can hardly stand myself.

Shannon said...

WAY COOL!! That is an awesome Idea! Good job on placement too, even though she didn't eat breakfast! haha you can tell she is athletic.

Lacey Bean said...

She is so darling, and quite the little athlete. 11th place is amazing. Yeah!!! Good job Kennidi.