I am so relieved my Relief Society lesson is over...at least until next month when the nerves start all over again. It was so nice to just relax and work on some things I enjoy in my spare time. After church I was hankering for something chocolaty, so I made these bad boys Texas Sheet Cake Brownies!http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,166,154164-247199,00.html They are so yummy! I felt so guilty after eating two of these I decided I better do....
..... This
While living in Montana I became a certified pilates instructor. This is my studio I have at my home. I was taking clients until I had Maverick, life is too crazy right now to add training sessions to my schedule~ I'm lucky to find time to squeeze in a workout myself. I absolutely love the work, the way my body feels after I am done~ energized, leaner, stronger, my mind is much more centered and focused after a session. Okay enough of that, I could go on all day about the benefits of pilates, but for those of you who want more info. on the background of pilates here is a link for you. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilates
Wunda Chair
I thought I would include some of the handiwork I enjoy making for my girls in my free time.
I stitched this flower (by hand) onto this jacket for Tyra. I am in the process of making one for Kennedi! It is a fun way to jazz up plain old boring clothes.
I have recently started making Tyra's flower barrettes you see in most of her pictures, She loves them, they are so fun for spring. I've seen them in the stores and they wanted like 10$ for one barrette, needless to say I wasn't going to pay that, i figured out how to make them. They are so easy. I have tons of colors and all kinds of flowers, I made some for my friends baby that go on the headbands with interchangeable flowers.
These are some of the latest barrettes.
Tyra loves these beaded socks. She loves to pick out the beads and hand them to me so I can crochet them on. We have a pair to match almost all of her outfits. She wouldn't let me take a picture of them on her so this is Mavericks foot~hehehe.
While living in Montana I became a certified pilates instructor. This is my studio I have at my home. I was taking clients until I had Maverick, life is too crazy right now to add training sessions to my schedule~ I'm lucky to find time to squeeze in a workout myself. I absolutely love the work, the way my body feels after I am done~ energized, leaner, stronger, my mind is much more centered and focused after a session. Okay enough of that, I could go on all day about the benefits of pilates, but for those of you who want more info. on the background of pilates here is a link for you. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilates
Wunda ChairI thought I would include some of the handiwork I enjoy making for my girls in my free time.
I stitched this flower (by hand) onto this jacket for Tyra. I am in the process of making one for Kennedi! It is a fun way to jazz up plain old boring clothes.
I have recently started making Tyra's flower barrettes you see in most of her pictures, She loves them, they are so fun for spring. I've seen them in the stores and they wanted like 10$ for one barrette, needless to say I wasn't going to pay that, i figured out how to make them. They are so easy. I have tons of colors and all kinds of flowers, I made some for my friends baby that go on the headbands with interchangeable flowers.
These are some of the latest barrettes.
Tyra loves these beaded socks. She loves to pick out the beads and hand them to me so I can crochet them on. We have a pair to match almost all of her outfits. She wouldn't let me take a picture of them on her so this is Mavericks foot~hehehe.So that is some of what keeps me busy in my spare time ~since I have so much of it with 4 kids under eight! Ha







6 comments:
Jodi,
That is so Awesome! I can not believe you even have the time....I love the flowers...maybe we could get together and out the flowers on the hats I crochet....They are great! I love all my friends and hearing about what you are all doing.
I love all your mommy crafts. You should start a blog with instructions on how to do all your crafts.
Tell Kennedi congrats on her mini-tri....she did awesome!
i'm so envious of moms who find time to do fun and cute creative projects! you are gifted!
and i've heard soooo much rave about pilates lately. either everyone in the world is doing it and loves it, or god is trying to tell me something :-)
WoW!! You are a creative little soul!
I love those Barrettes too, So cute!
Now can you make some Headbands with the Bling in them?!!
We are hoping you come down for the Memorial day Party on Monday at Grandpa Hansens! It is going to be so fun, Sheraka and i planned a TON of Fun activities for the kids and a HUGE Obstacle Course Bouncer!!
Wow Jodi! I'm pretty sure that there is NOTHING you can't do!!! On top of cooking and making things- you are such a great mom. I totally admire you!
Thanks for all of the nice compliments, I don't know that I deserve all of them. There are SO MANY things I learn from reading all of your blogs. I could go through and list all of the talents I have seen from everone else through their blogs~ That is what makes blogging so much fun for me!
oh~ Michelle
I think the flowers would be precious with your hats, you could even make the flowers interchangeble. e-mail me and we'll talk!
Post a Comment